Sunday's BET Awards were actually the most entertaining that I've witnessed in quite some time. From the hilarious antics of hosts Tracee Ellis Ross and Anthony Anderson to the shut-it-down Bad Boy 20th Anniversary reunion performance, this year's BET Awards were all that and more. Lucky for us, we spotted some pretty decent footwear from a number of performers and guests. Allow us to countdown eight of our favorite on-stage sneaker moments.
7. Singer Andra Day (L) poses backstage during the 2015 BET Awards in a vintage slim-fit dress and Converse Classics in black.
(Photo: Johnny Nunez/BET/Getty)
5. For Meek Mill’s performance, which brought Nicki Minaj to the stage, he opted for a pair of Puma R698 reflective men’s sneakers.
4. The Weeknd, who performed in adidas Originals Superstar sneaks in Core Black, gave one of the most memorable performances of the night — with a surprise guest, Alicia Keys — who joined the singer for a duet of the “Fifty Shades of Grey” hit, “Earned It.”
3. We love Janelle Monae! The eclectic singer took to the stage to perform her hit "Yoga" in a form fitting white and black body suit paired with the Nike Women Dunk Sky Hi Essential in white. (Photo: Chris Pizzello Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP)
2. Hosts with the most, “Blackish” stars Anthony Anderson and Tracee Ellis Ross brought their A+ sneaker game for one of their many bits. The two broke out their dance moves to the song “Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)” with Anderson donning Jordan Spizikes, while Ross chose black-and-gold Buscemi 100 MM Leather Altas high-tops.
1. The 2015 BET Awards was another one for the books, and this man right here is much of the reason why. While a number of performers brought unique and custom sneaks to the stage, Diddy took the cake in red/white Nike Cortez kicks and with this never-before-seen glimpse at a RED Yeezy Boost 350. Yea. Numero uno.
Which look was your favorite?