This week marks the 15th anniversary of Aaliyah's passing. I still remember the exact moment when I heard of the tragic accident that took her life and I still remember how surreal it all was. Her death was something that not only shocked her family, friends, and fans, but the world.
Fifteen years ago, Aaliyah was a star for our generation, and in many ways she still is - remaining ever so relevant and an iconic presence for new and old fans alike. In honor of her memory, we've selected a few of our favorite sneaker Aaliyah moments. From her tomboyish youth to the gloriously beautiful young woman she blossomed into, Aaliyah's style endures. Take a look below.
5. Aaliyah during a Celebrity Basketball Game in the Nike Air More Uptempo
4. On her spin at a 1991 Tommy Hilfiger release event in Hilfiger Slides
3. Beautiful in denim and Puma Suede Classic sparklers.
2. Red carpet ready in adidas Superstars
1. In her 1998 video for "Are You That Somebody" Aaliyah got in major moves in a pair of Nike Air Max 98s.
Watch the video in full below.