Last updated: September 22, 2016
Collection of Information
Children: We do not offer the Website to anyone under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence and do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any personal information on or through the Website, register on the Website, or use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, email address or any screen name or user name you may use.
Information You Provide: We generally collect personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide. For instance, contact information, and other personal details may be collected when you: sign up for our newsletters, complete a survey, post a comment to an article on our Website, enter a sweepstakes or contest, or participate in our social networking features. Further, you may be asked to provide your email address, your name, buying preferences, annual income (by accepting to participate in surveys), or other demographic or profile information (by accepting to participate in surveys), Twitter or Facebook usernames or other usernames and aliases used for purposes of linking to and/or posting on your social media accounts, and other information you choose to submit. We will collect such information as well as any other content that you provide to us in engaging in any of the above activities or any other activities on the Website. Additionally, if you elect to post material to any blogs, forums, or participate in our community boards that may be offered on our Website, then such materials will be collected and may be publicly available for others to view.
Other Information We Collect: We may also collect certain information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking), such as pages visited and how often and for how long they are visited. We may use various technologies and features to collect this information, which may include personal information, such as tracking your activities through your Internet Protocol (IP) address, computer settings or most-recently visited URL, as well as through the use of “cookies” and “web beacons” and other automated technologies. You may object to the creation of usage profiles at any time.
Some of the network advertisers, ad agencies and other vendors we work with to serve ads on third party websites and across the internet, or analytics providers which provide us with information regarding use of our websites and effectiveness of our ads, may be members of the Network Advertising Initiatives, the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising and/or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance. To opt-out from receiving interest-based advertising from some or all of the participating companies, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. For opt-out options specific to Google Analytics, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout . If you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. If you use multiple browsers or devices, you will need to execute this opt-out on each browser or device.
Use of Information
We typically use your information:
- subject to your marketing preferences, to provide you with newsletters and additional information regarding products and services from CNKDaily or from others that may be of interest to you;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information; for example, if you enter a contest or sweepstakes, we may use your email to notify that you won;
- to notify you, at our discretion, about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- subject to any legally required consent, to gain insights that help us to make improvements to the design and performance of the Website;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent or as permitted by law.
You may object to use of your personal information for marketing or market or opinion research. For more information on how to do this, please see the "How to Opt-Out" section below.
We may disclose your personal information, including content or other data posted, uploaded or provided by you, if, among other things, we are required to do so by law or in the following situations and for the following purposes:
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties;
- to respond to your requests for customer service;
- to protect our rights, property or personal safety, or the rights, property or personal safety of our users or the public;
- subject to your marketing preferences, if the entity to which your information is disclosed is our subsidiary, affiliate or parent company;
- if we partner with a retailer or other third party to offer online shopping opportunities, contest or sweepstakes, services, subscriptions and other applications, then (i) personally identifiable information you provide in connection with the above transactions may be collected directly by, or shared by us with, the third party;
- when we utilize third party service providers to provide products, services or functions on our behalf (such as sending emails or fulfilling subscriptions), these service providers are directed to use your information to carry out the purpose(s) for which we hired them, but not for any other purposes;
- otherwise with your consent or in accordance with your indicated preferences (e.g., you indicated you wanted to receive promotional materials directly from a third party partner); or
- in connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange, or other disposition (whether of assets, stock, or otherwise) of all or a portion of the business conducted by the Website to which this policy applies, in which case the acquiring company will possess the information collected by us.
Your California Privacy Rights: Notice to California Customers
Subject to certain limits under California Civil Code § 1798.83, if you are a California resident, you may ask us to provide you with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (ii) the identity of third parties that received personal information from us for their direct marketing purposes during that calendar year. The list will not be specific to disclosures your particular personal information. To make such request, send us an email at email@example.com, indicating “California Privacy Rights” in the subject of your email, your name and complete mailing address. We are not responsible for requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
How to Opt Out
You can unsubscribe from receiving CNKDaily newsletters or commercial emails at any time. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of any CNKDaily email and following the instructions.
Third-Party Email Promotions
Subject to your marketing preferences, occasionally, you may receive from us emails that may contain advertising or other content that was sponsored by third party retailers or businesses. These emails are not necessarily reflective of the opinions of our editorial staff. They are content paid for by our sponsors, and allow us to provide you with the free content we believe you will enjoy.
Links to Other Sites
CNKDaily often links out to other sites. We are not responsible for any content that appears on these sites, nor do we endorse them. Third parties may display advertisements on the Service and on such web sites. These advertisements may contain cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies. These third parties may collect information or insert cookies or similar technologies without our knowledge. For questions about these sites, please consult their individual privacy policies. CNKDaily is not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third party.
Security and Retention
We protect personal information with appropriate organizational, technological and physical safeguards commensurate to the sensitivity of the personal information.
Now, go have some fun on our homepage.